ICEsonic DRY ICE+
ICEsonic DRY ICE+ is a new green cleaning technology utilizing a dry ice blasting with addition of an abrasive.
- Saving on dry ice – faster cleaning
- Removing “stubborn” contamination which dry ice blasting alone will not remove
- Reduced clean up time
- Reduces waste disposal – conventional sandblast generates up to 50 times more waste to be disposed of
- Choice of abrasive blasting or dry ice blasting on the same machine
- More powerful and faster blast cleaning method compared to the cleaning methods separately
How does it work?
The ICEsonic DRY ICE+ module is simply attached to the dry ice blaster, blasting hose and dry ice blasting gun. The abrasive is added into the container and by opening valve the desired quantity abrasive flow will be set. By pulling the trigger on the blasting gun, abrasive is induced into the stream of dry ice.
The ICEsonic DRY ICE+ modules are available for single hose dry ice blasters (SMART, IS 75S, and IS 77S), as well as double hose blasters (Mighty E and IS75).
Where can it be used?
The ICEsonic DRY ICE+ technology produces clean, satin finish to the SA2½ specification. The surface will not be closed or altered due to the low kinetic energy impact which is excellent for NDT (unlike high energy produced by sand blasting).
From our tests the best results are obtained by adding 15% to 20% abrasive to the dry ice. This mix generates very low dust pollution.
- rust removal
- paint stripping
- surface coatings removal such as epoxy and galvanizing
- graffiti removal
- surface preparation before painting or coating
- NDT or visual crack detection surface preparation
What Kind of Abrasive Can be Used?
The type and size of abrasive used will depend on your application. We would advise use of abrasive particulate from 75 µm to 150 µm.
The larger size abrasive can be used (up to 1.5 – 2 mm), however it will increase chance of ricochet, hence safety requirements for the specific site will be higher.
Comparison of Cleaning Methods
|Dry Ice Blasting||DRY ICE+||Grit Blasting|
|Cleaning speed per hour||Up to 6 m2||Up to 15 m2||Up to 35 m2|
|Dust/secondary waste generated||Low||Low||High|
|Equipment portability and ease of usage||Easy||Easy||Difficult and dangerous|
- ICEsonic dry ice blaster
- ICEsonic DRY ICE+ module easily attachable at the front of the ICEsonic dry ice blaster
- Additional abrasive transport hose
- A special tungsten carbide nozzle for the standard dry ice cleaning gun
|Pressure||4 – 10 bar|
|Air supply||1.5 m3/min – 3.5 m3/min|
|Dry ice blaster||CO2 3 mm pellets|
|Abrasive||Mesh 0.075 – 1.5 mm|
- Dry Ice Plus Abrasive Module Hopper (all models)
- Hopper Sieve (All models)
- Abrasive Transport Hose (.75m/30” for Single Hose; 6m/20’ for Double Hose; 4m/13’ for SMART)
- Silver Color Heat Treated Stainless Steel Abrasive Jet (all models)
- Jet Removal Tool – 2.G.922 (all models)
- Heat Treated Stainless Steel Abrasive Nozzle (all models)
- T Connector (for Double Hose model)
- Black Plastic Brackets (for Single and Double Hose models)